Monday, January 30, 2017

2016: A Year in Reflection



2016 has been a whirlwind of events. I've learned, I've grown, and most importantly I've accepted the things I cannot change.

I wish I could say that this year was filled with rainbows and cotton candy skies but then I would be lying to myself. Disappointments have filled me throughout this year; with friends, losing my grandmother, overcoming depression, and feeling lost with life in general. Just because I've gone through difficult times last year doesn't mean I have to dwell upon the trials and tribulations that have weighed me down.  Life isn't always gonna be pretty so just remember, when the going gets tough, just keep swimming.
 
Entering a new year is like painting on a blank canvas. When removed from the plastic packaging, it's presented at it's purest form. No marks, no mistakes, just fine texture you can feel with your hands. As the artist, you are given the freedom to fill it with whatever you want. This year, I'm hoping to paint mine with the hopes of getting a new job, being more fashion inspired to blog, and to gain my confidence back in modeling. 

Let's be real. The prettiest paintings most likely went through many errors and negative criticism. Take for example Van Gogh's  'Starry Night'. I can guarantee you that he had some doubts on what exactly he was doing halfway through and haters probably put him down for his interpretation of art, but look what he did; he proved them wrong. He created one of the most majestic oil paintings recognized today in western culture.

We may not know what this year has in store for us individually, but what we do know is that we all have those big dreams and goals we want to achieve in 2017. Never let anyone tell you that your dreams are too big or too small to make into reality. I believe in you so in believe in yourself! Cheers to 2017 babe!!


Xoxo,
Lara





No comments:

Post a Comment

FASHION THREADSS. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.