Friday, December 15, 2017

NY state of mind









Photos by Robert Garong




(Beret- Primark // Coat- Asos // Boots- Dolce Vita // Purse- Calvin Klein)



You hear the bustling noise of taxi cab doors shutting left and right. Subway trains navigating its way underground. Cars honking from ear to ear. Feet scurrying next to you from a passerby. The smell of freshly made pizza ringing up your nose from the pizza stand down the street. In the city that never sleeps this is the total normal everyday environment of a New Yorker. This is the city that I call my second home. 

NY holds a special place in my heart. It is the very place that inspired me to start this blog. 3 years ago I traveled to this city not knowing what I was going to return with. I was 19 at that time and I was seeking adventure and escape. Along that trip, I learned many things here and there. One of the most important was self love. Self love is the best type of love you can give to yourself. If you can't love yourself for who you are, then how can you love other people? I struggled with this for a long time because the old Lara felt like she was never good enough for anyone or anything (I know many of you can relate). But my one advice to you is to be strong. You are beautiful and you are loved. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise because you are invincible! Sometimes in life, all we need is for someone to push us in believing that we are valued. I hope this enlightens you in every way possible just as it did for me. 

Traveling by myself not only made me realize what I wanted, but it made me determined to make my dream of becoming a fashion blogger a reality. Fast forward to present day and here I am blogging my thoughts away as I compose this article. I may not be one of those Instagram famous bloggers you see on your feed but what's important is that I made my dream into a reality. I blog because I feel empowered to share my thoughts and style with the web. I love being in front of the camera because it makes me feel beautiful; inside and out. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? So let's make it count! 

I hope by the time you've finished reading this article, that you reflect on what you want to accomplish in the new year; whether it's a certain goal or a dream that you've always wanted to chase but have been too scared to pursue. If it scares you so much, maybe it's worth chasing! Life can be scary at times but what's the point of living if you're not willing to take that risk.



Xoxo,
Lara


No comments:

Post a Comment

FASHION THREADSS. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.