Monday, January 8, 2018

New year, new me






Photos by Robert Garong



Happy New Year! 

Surprise, surprise... I went blonde! I've always planned to go lighter with my hair a couple years ago but I was unable to since my hair had been so heavily damaged from highlights. The wait was definitely worth it because my stylist, Rosie @ Ceci Studio took me from black to blonde in one sitting. It was a very long day but I love how she took her time and didn't rush the entire process. I definitely recommend her if you're ready for a new do!  Check out her Instagram @_rosiegold. Book Rosie here

2018 is the year I choose to be bold; fierce; and unapologetically myself. I've always played it safe and that led me to suppressing my inner self from revealing to the world who I genuinely am. Having been brought up from a very conservative family, my choice of clothing always had to reflect on modesty. I always felt embarrassed when I wore short skirts or had my tops too low because I would be labeled as "cheap" or "showy." I believe that an article of clothing shouldn't determine what type a person is just by the way he/she dresses. Fashion has always been one to break boundary norms and that's what I love about it. So many people find happiness and self expression through various styles. I know I do. 

A penny for your thoughts; We will never truly live if we can't fully express who we are as human beings. Am I right or am I right?  

Since Socal weather has been gloomy and blue lately, I've been loving my cozy cardigan from @Zaful. When Rob and I shot this look in Beverly Hills last week, the temps were low 60s but I stayed snug in this gray cardigan. I'm impressed with the materials they used to make this sweater because it is heavy! Not too heavy, but its weighted enough to make you warm and those are my favorite type of cardigans. This cardigan also comes in 3 colors and is priced at $22.66. I'm so in love with my gray one I'll probably buy the other 2 colors as well haha! You can purchase this sweater here

I am so blessed to be able to work with Zaful again this year! A BIG thank you to Cara and her team for their continued support with my blog. Love you guys <3


See you on my next post!


Xoxo,
Lara



No comments:

Post a Comment

FASHION THREADSS. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.