Monday, May 12, 2014

The City





While staying in the city, I crashed at my Aunt's condo in Mandaluyong. The view from the 26th floor is just spot on. To the left is the Wak Wak Country Club and straight ahead is the SM Megamall. It's the building with the black and white design. They don't call it a megamall for no reason. It's basically 2 malls in 1 (megamall A & megamall B) There's an ice skating rink, a bowling alley, a church, buffets/restaurants and of course endless  floors of stores! I actually got lost trying to find the location where my sis and I were dropped off! Maybe it's because I don't do well with directions. 



The Fort Strip is the place to be if you're all about the social night scene. For my last night in the phillies, my niece took my sis and a couple of our girls to URBN nightclub. Lucky for us, it was ladies night so drinks were coming from all directions. 



A mini restaurant that caught my sister's eye while perusing through the Greenbelt Mall. Wish we got the chance to look at their menu! 



I'm more of  a french toast girl when it comes to breakfast. The Pancake House serves the lightest french toast I've ever had in my life- so far. I hate when it's cooked too thick because  I feel so bloated after eating a plate. With this one, you don't have to worry at all because it's cooked to perfection. It's very light in your mouth plus it's sprinkled with the right amount of cinammon. I totally gobbled up my plate within minutes!

.

Who screams for ice cream?! Well, I do. If you're familiar with the Magnolia Ice Cream brand, then you know it's the best ice cream in manila dating back to 1899.  My mom had the pleasure of treating my sis and I to a bowl full of goodness at the Magnolia House. She used to actually have lunch with her coworkers at this very place. But instead of a normal lunch, they  would eat ice cream. Silly, isn't it? 


We ordered the cutest bowl on their menu- Ernie & Bert. 1 scoop of strawberry ice cream and 1 scoop of ube (taro/purple sweet yam) ice cream. It's topped off with 2 waffle cones giving Ernie & Bert hats. It was accompanied with 3 pipes of fresh made whipped cream, froot loops, and sprinkles. I like how their dairy products taste pure. Maybe it's because they treat their cows with TLC- haha. 





Jake from Adventure Time on a chocolate milk drink?! Totally had to get him.
Strange but  true. Grocery stores don't store their milk boxes in fridges. They just sit on the shelf just like cookies. The reason behind it is because they use a chemical that preserves the milk in its container without spoiling. Refrigeration isn't needed. Only when opened, then, can you place it in a fridge. Pretty cool, huh? 


Yabu: House of Katsu serves THE BEST CHICKEN KATSU. Period. The chicken is well seasoned in every bite!  It's cooked in 165 degrees celsius and fried in canola oil. After, it lays to rest, ensuring that the meat preserves its fine juices.

 They offer endless cabbage salad and rice with all their katsu dishes. Chef Kazuya Takeda allows each customer to prepare his/her katsu sauce. Each person is given a mortar and pestle filled with white and black sesame seeds. After grinding the seeds, simply add their secret sauce. Mix well and there you have it- the ultimate dipping sauce for your meal! 

Please open one here in California!!! 






Watch out Pizzarev & pieology; You have competition coming your way! Project Pie is another build your own pizza port. I created my very own hawaiian pizza with mushrooms. NOM NOM NOM! They're opening up a Glendale location at the Americana at Brand later this year so be sure to check it out when they open! 


tune in for my next post. 

XO, Lara


No comments:

Post a Comment

FASHION THREADSS. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.