Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Gloom


 Photos by Kassey Cordova

(Beanie- Brian Lichtenberg, Shorts- Urban Outfitters, Tights- Romwe)

 

Happy Sunday! 

1,000+ views in the past 2 days?!?! You readers are the best!! I'd like to send each and everyone of you a virtual hug for being so awesome and reading my blog! I'm pretty sure you can tell I'm so ecstatic by all the exclamation points I've used so far in these sentences, haha! I just cannot contain it. 

I hope you all stayed warm and dry from the rain this weekend! I, myself, am not a huge fan of rain but California needed this since we were in a drought! 

How did you spend your Saturday & Sunday? Did you stay in and watch netflix all day or perhaps go on an ice cream run in the rain? I actually did one of these. My Saturday was well spent as I enjoyed a spontaneous kbbq dinner with a bunch of my good friends from high school. I'm team brisket all the way - just because it cooks faster than the other meats. And as for dessert..... you guessed it right! We went on an ice cream run for a perfectly swirled,  vanilla ice cream on a classic cone. YUMMY!!

So these photos are from a shoot I did back in early January before flying to New York. I just thought it was appropriate to post since it's been gloomy these past few days. You might be wondering where my sweater is from. It's actually from one of my dad's thrifted collection! My dad has good taste! Like father, like daughter shall we say? Definitely check out your local thrift stores. You never know what may catch your eye!

My photographer, Kassey and I ended our day at a residential area in Burbank overlooking the Bob Hope Airport. The view was breathtaking. The cold wind breezed through our hair as the sun slowly set. Planes of various airlines gradually made their way into the vivid, painted sky. Thinking of all the passengers aboard, I envisioned the destinations they will be arriving to. States filled with snow this winter season filled my mind. Then, the thought of me being one of those travelers gave me a sense of excitement. Not only will I be traveling thousands of miles away from home, but to a city I fell in love with years ago. Not just any city, but the city that never sleeps; New York.  

 Stay tuned for my next post: my NY trip!

Xo, Lara

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FASHION THREADSS. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.